Haryana Police Male Constable Answer Key (Evening Shift)
Haryana Police Female Constable Answer Key
1. The amendments which have created uniformity in the structures of Panchayath Raj and Nagarapalika institution across the country are
(A) 74 and 77 (B) 73 and 74 (C) 76 and 42 (D) 21 and 61
2. Internal communication within Institutions is done through
(A) WAN (B) LAN (C) MMS (D) EBB
3. Select the word which is least like the other words in the group.
(A) Othello (B) King Lear (C) Oliver Twist (D) Macbeth
4. Gurudwara Dhamtan Sahib was built in the memory of
(A) Guru Gobind Singh (B) Guru Nanak (C) Guru Tegh Bahadur (D) None of the above
5. In front of a concave mirror, an object is placed at a distance d from the focus and the real image is formed at a distance d from the focus. Then the focal length of the mirror is
6. Which of the following States has a separate Constitution ?
(A) Jammu and Kashmir (B) Nagaland (C) Karnataka (D) West Bengal
7. Which of the following is not a world heritage site in India ?
(A) Ahmedabad city (B) Hampi group of monuments (C) Beluru-Halebeedu sites (D) None of the above
8. Phalgu fest is held in Faral village on
(A) Nirjal Ekadashi (B) Somavati Amavasya (C) Kartik Purnima (D) None of the above
9. Who is the current Speaker of Haryana Legislative Assembly ?
(A) Abhay Singh Chautala (B) Manohar Lal Khattar (C) Kanwar Pal Gujjar (D) Santosh Yadav
10. _______represents billion characters.
(A) Megabytes (B) Kilobytes (C) Terabytes (D) Gigabytes
11. Baisakhi is usually celebrated on
(A) 14 th of April (B) 25 th of April (C) 1 st May (D) 31 st December
12. In a survey of 400 people, 100 people like Apple juice, 150 like Orange juice and 75 like both.
The number of people who neither like Apple nor Orange is
(A) 100 (B) 250 (C) 175 (D) 225
13. The person who is unanimously regarded as the founder of Modern China.
(A) Sun-Yat-Sen (B) Guomindang (C) Mao Zedong (D) Deng Xiaoping
14. World’s only habitat for Asiatic lion found in which of the following National Park?
(A) Bandhavgarh National Park (B) Gir National Park (C) Mukurthi National Park (D) None of the above
15. Constructors are used to
(A) Construct the data (B) Initialize the object (C) Both (A) and (B) (D) Neither (A) nor (B)
16. The mean of the first ‘n’ natural numbers is
(A) n+1/2 (B) n(n + 1)/2 (C) n/2 (D) None of these
17. On 22 January 2015, PM Narendra Modi launched the ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao Yojana’
in which of the following city of Haryana ?
(A) Kurukshetra (B) Panipat (C) Chandigarh (D) Panchkula
18. A magnetic needle lying parallel to a magnetic field requires W units of work to turn it through 60°. The torque needed to maintain the needle in this position will be
19. Rahui told Anand, “Yesterday I defeated the only brother of the daughter of my grandmother”. Whom did Rahul defeat ?
(A) Son (B) Uncle (C) Brother (D) Cousin
20. Gangaur is held in the honour of goddess
(A) Saraswati (B) Lakshmi (C) Gouri (D) Radha
21. Complete the analogous pair. Bird : Fish :: Aeroplane : ?
(A) Submarine (B) Ship (C) Boat (D) Crocodile
22. Two water taps together can fill a tank in 9 3/8 hours.
The tap of larger diameter takes 10 hours less than the smaller one to fill the tank separately.
Find the time taken by the tap with smaller diameter to fill the tank separately.
(A) 25 hrs. (B) 20 hrs. (C) 15 hrs. (D) 18 hrs.
23. is a folklore Museum situated in Gurugram.
(A) Sri Krishna Museum (B) Jahaj Kothi Zonal Museum (C) Urusvati Museum (D) Dharohar Museum
24. The countries who have been considered as the founding members of ASEAN, are
(A) India, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore and Thailand
(B) India, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore and Nepal
(C) Indonesia, Malaysia, Nepal, Singapore and Thailand
(D) Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore and Thailand
25. _________is the current Chairman of Haryana Public Service Commission.
(A) Manbir Singh Bhadana (B) Narendra Singh Tomar (C) Ajay Sura (D) None of the above
26. If (1 / i/1 – i) = a + ib, then (a, b) =
(A) (-1, 0)
(B) (0, – 1)
(C) (1, 1)
(D) (1, 0)
27. If line joining P(12, 8) and Q(24, x) is parallel to X-axis then the value of x is
(A) 8 (B) 12 (C) – 8 (D) 6
28. Name the primary Co acceptor in mesophyll cells of C plants.
(A) Triose phosphate (B) Phosphoenol pyruvate (C) Ribulose-1, 5-bisphosphate (D) Oxaloacetic acid
29. _______ is a type of memory circuitry that holds the computer’s system software such as Boot loader.
(A) RAM (B) ROM (C) RIM (D) Cache
30. Origin of Species by means of natural selection was given by
(A) Lamarck (B) Linnaeus (C) Charles Darwin (D) Erasmus
31. In a C++ program, members of class are by default
(A) Public (B) Private (C) Protected (D) None
32. Mahatma Gandhi was first arrested in this railway station of Haryana
(A) Palwal (B) Panchkula (C) Kalka (D) Amritsar
33. ________is the present Lokayukta of Haryana
(A) Pritam Pal (B) Justice Nawal Kishore Agarwal (C) Kaptan Singh Solanki (D) None of the above
34. Which element is deficient in milk?
(A) Potassium (B) Calcium (C) Iron (D) Magnesium
35. Co-operative farming become more successful in
(A) Denmark (B) Australia (C) USA (D) India
36. Number of banks nationalized since 1969 is
(A) 18 (B) 19 (C) 14 (D) None of the above
37. Who is empowered to suspend the operation of Fundamental Rights ?
(A) Parliament (B) Supreme Court (C) President (D) Prime Minister
38. Kalpana Chawla, the first woman of Indian origin to go to space was born in this place
(A) Karnal (B) Hisar (C) Kurukshetra (D) Panipat
39. If x, 2y, 3z are in A.P., where x, y, z are distinct number and are in G.P., then the common ratio of the G.P. is
(A) 3 (B) 1/3 (C) 2 (D) 1/2
40. This district of Haryana has highest number of Vidhan Sabha constituencies
(A) Gurugram (B) Panipat (C) Hisar (D) Yamunanagar
41. Which of the following do you feel are compatible with the idea of secularism ?
(A) Recognition of State religion
(B) Domination of one religion
(C) Equal State to support all religions
(D) None of the above
42. Recently Central Government released UMANG app, it is for
(A) Online banking
(B) Single window platform for all e-Gove. Services
(C) Registering child sexual abuse cases
(D) None of the above
43. According to a legend, this sarovar has a mention in Mahabharata citing its
use by Duryodhana to hide himself under water on the concluding day of the war
(A) Bhimkund (B) Brahma Sarovar (C) Surajkund (D) Hathnikund
44. How many 2 digit even numbers can be formed from the digits 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, if the digits can be repeated ?
(A) 10 (B) 8 (C) 25 (D) 24
45. An ASCII is a character-encoding scheme that is employed by personal computers in order to represent various characters, numbers and control keys that the computer user selects on the keyboard. ASCII stands for
(A) American Standard Code for Information Interchange
(B) American Standard Code for Intelligent Information
(C) American Standard Code for Information Integrity
(D) American Standard Code for Isolated Information
46. Haryana was the first State in the country to achieve 100% rural electrification in
(A) 1947 (B) 1955 (C) 1970 (D) 2000
47. The radius of Ge nuclide is measured to be twice the radius of Be .
The number of nucleons in Ge are
(A) 71 (B) 72 (C) 73 (D) 74
48. If Z = 52 and ACT = 48, then BAT will be equal to
(A) 39 (B) 41 (C) 44 (D) 46
49. The interaction between sea anemone that has stinging tentacles and
the clown fish that lives among them, is an example for
(A) Mutualism (B) Amensalism (C) Commensalism (D) Parasitism
50. ‘Paw’ is related to ‘Cat in the same way ‘Hoof’ is related to
(A) Horse (B) Lamb (C) Elephant (D) Lion
51. Shivalik hills are present in the part of Haryana.
(A) West (B) East (C) North-east (D) South-west
52. Which of the following is a floored division in python 3.0 ?
(A) / (B) // (C) % (D) *
53. Value of k in the quadratic equation 2x + kx + 3 = 0 so that
it has 2 equal roots is
(A) 士4 (B) 士2√6 (C) 士3 (D) None
54. Bhagwat Dayal Sharma was representing __________ constituency
when he became the first CM of Haryana.
(A) Bhiwani (B) Tosham (C) Pataudi (D) Jhajjar
55. Non-Performing Asset (NPA) which is making headline from past several years, is associated with
(A) Insurance corporations (B) Banking establishments (C) Corporate companies (D) None of the above
56. The Constitution of India provides reservation of seats for SC and ST in Lok Sabha. Initially it was made for 10 years. Now it has been extended up to 2020. As on 1 September, 2012 the number of seats reserved in Lok Sabha for SC and ST are
(A) 84 and 47 (B) 38 and 27 (C) 44 and 37 (D) None of the above
57. If P = 840, C = 35, then r =
(A) 6 (B) 24 (C) 4 (D) 5
58. A character determined by many genes and does not show discrete variation is known as
(A) Qualitative character (B) Oligogenic character (C) Quantitative character (D) None of the above
59. If the word CAPITAL is written as DCSMYGS, how the word NATION is written in that code ?
(A) OCWMTT (B) OBVLST (C) OBUJPU (D) OCLML
60. The mean of six observations is 8. If each observation is
multiplied by 3, then new mean becomes
(A) 11 (B) 8 (C) 48 (D) 24
61. First Clone Dolly was made in
(A) Sheep (B) Goat (C) Cow (D) Buffalo Show Answer
62. Hawa Singh won the Asian Games gold medal in consecutive editions
of the games in the 1966 and 1970 for which of the following games ?
(A) Weight lifting (B) Boxing (C) Running (D) Badminton
63. Which of the following States or Union Territories has highest density of population ?
(A) Delhi (B) West Bengal (C) Maharashtra (D) None of the above
64. Tangri river is a tributary of
(A) Yamuna (B) Ghaggar (C) Ganga (D) Markanda
65. An unsolicited e-mail message sent to many recipients at once is a
(A) Worm (B) Virus (C) Threat (D) Spam
66. How many Schedules are there in the Constitution ?
(A) 395 (B) 12 (C) 19 (D) 10
67. Gandhiji began his walking from Sabaramati Ashram towards Dandi on
(A) 12 March, 1930 (B) 12 March, 1932 (C) 12 April, 1930 (D) 12 March, 1931
68. Finest gold sol is _____ in colour.
(A) Red (B) Purple (C) Golden (D) Blue
69. Consider the following statements :
1. Cirrus clouds are formed at high altitude.
2. Cumulus clouds are look like cotton wool.
3. Stratus clouds are the layered clouds covering large portion of the sky.
4. Nimbus clouds are black or dark grey. Identify the correct statements.
(A) 1, 2 and 3 (B) 2, 3 and 4 (C) Only 3 and 4 (D) All the above
70. This King of Rewari was one of the main leaders of the Indian Rebellion of 1857 in Haryana
(A) Rao Sukhram (B) Rao Tularam (C) Rao Gujarmal Singh (D) Rao Ruda Singh
71. POP3 and IMAP are e-mail accounts in which
(A) One automatically gets one’s mail everyday
(B) One has to be connected to the server to read or write one’s mail
(C) One only has to be connected to the server to send and receive e-mail
(D) One does not need any telephone lines
72. Biography of Harshavardhana, ‘Harshacharita’ was written by a
sanskrit poet _________ which describes his association with Thanesar.
(A) Bhasa (B) Kalidasa (C) Banabhatta (D) Dandi
73. Human Development Index issued by
(A) IMF (B) World Bank (C) UNDP (D) None of the above
74. is used as a promoter in the synthesis of ammonia by Haber’s process.
(A) Antimony (B) Arsenic (C) Molybdenum (D) Iron
75. Haryanvi tradition credits ______ for laying the foundation of the present style of Swang.
(A) Kishan Lal Bhaat (B) Pt. Deepchand (C) Dayachand Mayna (D) None of the above
76. The 4 th term of a G.P. is square of its second term and the first term is – 3, then the 7 th term of the G.P is
(A) – 2187 (B) 2187 (C) 343 (D) – 343
77. Complete the analogy. 8:28 :: 27 : ?
(A) 8 (B) 28 (C) 64 (D) 65
78. This politician had a rare distinction of serving as Minister in the undivided Punjab, Rajasthan and Haryana
(A) Bansilal (B) Choudhary Tayyab Husain (C) Zakir Husain (D) Choudhary Yaseen Husain
79. In the sequence of number 5, 8, 13, X, 34, 55, 89, the value of x is
(A) 20 (B) 21 (C) 23 (D) 29
80. A coin is tossed twice. The probability that at least one tail appears is
(A) ½ (B) ¼ (C) ¾ (D) 0
81. Which of the following is an open source word processor ?
(A) MS Word (B) WordPerfect Office (C) Kwrite (D) MS Excel
82. The remainder obtained when 6 – 5n is
(A) 0 (B) 10 (C) 1 (D) 5
83. Nematode resistant tobacco plant is developed by a novel strategy called
(A) RNA interference (B) DNA interference (C) Green revolution (D) None of the above
84. ________received the Jnanpith Award for her contribution to Hindi literature in 2017.
(A) Vanitha (B) Shankha Ghosh (C) Pratibha Ray (D) Krishna Sobti
85. The number of terms in the expansion of is
(A) 8 (B) 29 (C) 28 (D) 12
86. The only person who acted as a caretaker Prime Minister of India twice
(A) Devilal (B) B.D. Jatti (C) G. L. Nanda (D) Lal Bahadur Shastri Show Answer
87. Who was the writer of ‘Desan Mein Des Haryana’?
(A) Lakhamichand (B) Uday Bhanu Hams (C) Dayachand Mayna (D) None of the above
88. Biggest State of India in terms of area is
(A) Maharashtra (B) U.P. (C) Raiasthan (D) None of the above
English Language Fill in the blanks with appropriate article.
89. Tagore was ___ truly great poet.
(A) a (B) No article needed (C) the (D) an
90. There is not ______ man here who will not support you.
(A) a (B) Not needed (C) an (D) the
Supply suitable verb in agreement with its subject.
91. The means employed by you _____ sufficient.
(A) are (B) were (C) is (D) None of the above
92. Sanskrit, as well as Arabic, _____ taught there.
(A) was (B) are (C) were (D) have
Select the correct expression from the given options and fill in the blanks.
93. He was much _____ by his loss.
(A) cast away (B) cast down (C) cast off (D) call up
94. A religious hope ______ a man in his trials.
(A) bears up (B) bore away (C) bears upon (D) bears out